Who am I?
I am an award-winning passionate computer scientist, author, engineer, entrepreneur, and inventor. I am neurodivergent, a pianist and violinist, and I hold the titles of EUR ING, BSc, MPhil, PhD, CEng, FIET, FRSA, AFHEA, IntPE, and Hon Associate Professor. I am the Chair of the Tech London Advocates Smart Cities Group, a reviewer of grant/awards of the RAEng, the IET, and the ACM. I am a Council Member of the QEPrize Ambassadors, and I’ve served as ambassador for many technology/educational organisations.
My career includes +15 years working in engineering. I work at Google as a Data Practice Lead (AI/Machine Learning, Smart Analytics and Data Management), and I am a Google AI Principles Ethics Fellow. I work on the Interplanetary Internet on Google Cloud with Vint Cerf, and I am also a member of the InterPlanetary Networking SIG. My continuing academic work is at UCL where I serve as an Honorary Associate Professor in Computer Science.
I have received numerous awards and recognitions for my contributions to industry and international science. I am an active keynote speaker, and since 2006 I’ve actively worked towards increasing the representation of people of all kinds in Engineering.
BSc in Computer Science
University Barao de Maua
Summa Cum Laude - 4 years degree
- 3 Honours and Awards
- Valedictorian student
- Best Student - the Brazilian Computer Society
- Scientific initiation research fellow in AI
- Research presented and published at International Conferences.
MPhil in Electrical Engineering
University of Sao Paulo
Summa Cum Laude – GPA: A - 2 years MPhil program
- 3 Honours and Awards
- Created new technologies for early detection of breast cancer in women of all ages.
- Paved the way to reduce radiation exposure in cancer patients by 20% - 30%.
- Published in international journals.
PhD in Computer Science
UCL Computer Science (Host) . Imperial College Business School. MIT School of Architecture & Planning
4 Years Ph.D program
- 15 Honours and Awards
- Pioneered Data Infrastructures for Smart Cities.
- Created the City Data Market Strategy of the Mayor of London
- Designed Urban Platforms for over 40 EU cities
- Selected chapters of the Thesis were published as a Book.
My passion is to create and use technology for the benefit of mankind.