Who am I?
I am an award-winning passionate computer scientist, author, engineer, entrepreneur, philantropist, and inventor. I am neurodivergent, a pianist and violinist, and I hold the titles of EUR ING, BSc, MPhil, PhD, CEng, FIET, FRSA, AFHEA, IntPE, and Hon Associate Professor. I am the Chair of the Tech London Advocates Smart Cities Group, a reviewer of grant/awards of the RAEng, the IET, and the ACM. I am a Council Member of the QEPrize Ambassadors, and I’ve served as ambassador for many technology/educational organisations.
My career includes +15 years working in engineering. I work at Google as a Data Practice Lead (AI/Machine Learning, Smart Analytics and Data Management), and I am a Google AI Principles Ethics Fellow. I work on the Interplanetary Internet on Google Cloud, and I am also a member of the InterPlanetary Networking SIG. My continuing academic work is at UCL and University of Oxford where I serve as an Honorary Associate Professor in Computer Science and a guest Lecturer, respectively.
I have received numerous awards and recognitions for my contributions to industry and international science. I am an active keynote speaker, and since 2003 I’ve actively worked towards increasing the representation of people of all kinds in Engineering. ,
BSc in Computer Science
University Barao de Maua
Summa Cum Laude - 4 years degree
- 3 Honours and Awards
- Valedictorian student
- Best Student - the Brazilian Computer Society
- Scientific initiation research fellow in AI
- Research presented and published at International Conferences.
MPhil in Electrical Engineering
University of Sao Paulo
Summa Cum Laude – GPA: A - 2 years MPhil program
- 3 Honours and Awards
- Created new technologies for early detection of breast cancer in women of all ages.
- Paved the way to reduce radiation exposure in cancer patients by 20% - 30%.
- Published in international journals.
PhD in Computer Science
UCL Computer Science (Host) . Imperial College Business School. MIT School of Architecture & Planning
4 Years Ph.D program
- 15 Honours and Awards
- Pioneered Data Infrastructures for Smart Cities.
- Created the City Data Market Strategy of the Mayor of London
- Designed Urban Platforms for over 40 EU cities
- Selected chapters of the Thesis were published as a Book.
My passion is to create and use technology for the benefit of mankind.